April 13th 2023
| by Levi Giles
PQI Opportunity: Prince George Physician QI Champion
Northern Health would like to invite eligible physicians to indicate their interest in the Prince George Physician Quality Improvement (QI) Champion position!
The Prince George Physician QI Champion will inform the overall direction of PQI in the Northern Health region and co-lead the implementation of the PQI programing in a capacity mutually agreed upon by the PQI resource team and PQI Champion. The Physician QI Champion will be paid for up to 100 hours per year.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides overall physician leadership and input into the NH PQI initiative, including physician QI training
- Acts as a focal point of contact for communication on QI projects and QI training opportunities internally and externally
- Participates as an active member of the SSC/NHA PQI & SQI Committee in provincial PQI meetings and works collaboratively with other participating Health Authorities
Quality Improvement Activities
- Provides facilitation/teaching and participates in quality improvement (QI) training sessions
- Actively promotes QI/PQI activities within NH
- Actively participate in engagement activities
- Provides peer mentoring
- Participates in special projects
- Program priorities (spread, alumni, publishing, culture)
- Inform/participate/lead QI projects in collaboration with Health Authority
Qualifications and Experience
- Medical degree and current registration with the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Practicing physician within Northern Health; active privileges at any Northern Health site
- Have experience in quality improvement planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Formal quality improvement training
Applications for this expression of interest are to be delivered via email with an attached resume by April 25th to Gurpreet Narang, PQI Co-chair, or Marna deSousa, PQI Manager.